Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Our Summer Program for Teen Writers

The next session of the New York State Summer Young Writers Institute will be held July 1-7, 2012.

2011 participants in the Summer Young Writers Institute for teenage authors write about their experiences:

"This was my first time away from my parents, so I was kind of nervous, and I wasn't sure I was going to make friends, but I did, despite being somewhat socially awkward. From all different parts of the country, everyone was friendly talented and unique." --Cynthia Gerber

"This past week I have learned to open up to others about my writing whether I was confident about my piece or not.... It's truly amazing how passionate we all are about writing and it's clear how tightly woven by this passion we are." --Erin Carden

"The instructors here, instead of pushing a set curriculum, help to build upon the students' creations, turning ideas into works of art." --Matteo Mobilio